"Then He asked them, "Why are you terrified?" Do you not yet have faith?"Mark 4:40
Five Facts about Fear
1. Fear is a "Goliath"−an enemy that we need to go after and defeat, just like David in
1 Samuel 17:41-52 .
2. "Do not be afraid" is a command that is found 365 times in the Bible.
3. Fear is actually faith in the wrong god.
4. Fear is the opposite of trusting and putting our faith in God.
5. Fear is a spirit that seeks to paralyze us in order to keep us from following Jesus wholeheartedly and from walking in our destiny.
"Five Stones" to Defeat Fear
1. Abide in the secret place. "He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty." Psalm 91:1
2. Keep our eyes fixed on Jesus. When Peter's eyes were fixed on Jesus, he wasn't afraid to step out of the boat and walk on the sea. Matthew 14:29
3. Wield the Sword of the Spirit. Speak to Fear using God's words..."God is my refuge and my fortress and I put my trust in Him." Psalm 91:2
4. Remember that God is always with us. God is "a very present help in time of need." Psalm 46:1
5. Nail Fear to the cross of Jesus Christ. "He has taken it away, nailing it to the cross." Colossians 2:14
"Thanks be to God who has given us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ!" 1 Corinthians 15:57